Saturday, June 2, 2012


A Primitive Place ~Tammy 

Well, at least that is the word right now.

The couple that I talked about viewing the house in my previous post, phoned a couple of days later and said they wanted it.

They live up north and need to sell their house first, but if all goes as planned, my beloved home is Sold.

Now we are still in discussions about how long we will hold it and wait for theirs to sell before listing.

I’m a little unsure about that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to have to show it again and again, but at the same time, Summer is the house selling time.

And what happens if they change their minds.

Their house could sell quickly or it could take a year, there is just no way of knowing.

What I have been discussing with Brett is, I think we should go ahead and list it on For Sale By Owner but list it as, Back Ups Wanted.  If another offer comes in, give this couple, Right of Refusal, if they can purchase great, but we also don't miss out on actually selling the house if something happens and they don't.

Who knows, it all is giving me a headache thinking about. :)

Plus I have been searching and searching the listing around here. is where you can find me whenever I have free time.

Then it is driving and driving by all the homes I think I might want.

Can someone please tell me, why is they look sooo much better in photos than in real life??

I think they should stick in a couple of photos of what is on each side of the house too!  It sure would save me a lot of gas.

I’m really not worried, I know we’ll find something.

But what started out as fun, is quickly becoming anything but.

I keep telling myself, “you don't want to find The One right this second, because your not ready to buy.  When its time, it will be there and everything will fall in to place.”

I have been listing more things in My Etsy Shop.

Click Here if you would like to pop over and see what I have for sale.

Plus Much Much More to come.

Clearing out! Yep, that is what I am trying to do.

I am still being bombarded with runs during the day.

I am grateful for the money, but I have a list a mile long of things to get finished.

Oh well, one thing at a time.

Guess I have babbled on long enough.  I have an extremely messy house to get cleaned up.

I better go get started before the phone rings and I have to go somewhere.

Thanks for stopping by and for putting up with me during this hectic transitional time in my life.

Hugs to you all.

Talk Soon,



Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Hi, Tammy~ So exciting~ hope they can sell their home soon~we had been house shopping with my stepdaughter~ I am telling you I had a head ache from that & not even a home for me~I can't imagine what you are going through & pray I never find out~ it is soooo much easier living in my family home~ ( oh, yes there was hassles of other sorts, but in the long run turned out)
Wishing you best of luck on finding a dream home~
hugs to you~

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Oh, I feel for you. Moving, selling, house hunting is very stressful. They only photo the good stuff...then you get in there and the sump pump is going strong! Or the traffic noise is horrible. I wonder how active the selling market is in your area? That might help you make a decision about continuing on with a listing. My husband says list the property until it's sold. It's a challenged market right now. The deal is with realtors... they will list the house despite a offer contingent on selling another property. You are right that the house will appear when it's time for you. Ours did! And for 10K less than the asking price. Good luck!

White Sheep Farm said...

Hi Tammy,
I had the same thing happen with our Amish farm ... We had a couple who wanted it and said as soon as they sold one of their homes they would buy it ... then one of the homes sold and they wanted to wait to sell the other ... long story short ... I waited 4 months on a thousand dollar deposit ... it never happened. Buy the time I listed my house ... schools had already started ... very hard time to sell. Spring and summer are the best times ...
Just make sure you CYA with these people. Just sayin'
As for being able to see what is on the other side of the house you are thinking about ... GOOGLE maps are AMAZING ... they go 360 degress ... so try it before you go out ... nobody want to see a beautiful home next to a race track.
Good luck!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Hello Tammy. Hope things work out and you sell your home and find the home that's right for you. Sending my Prayers out to you that it all works out. Take Care and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

bettyj said...

You will find exactly what you want when the time comes. I am so happy for you.

Robyn ♥ said...

Hi Tam! I have been having a heck of a time trying to get on your blog. I have a really old computer and it refuses to load...anyway, I was able to on my phone.
Congrats on the possible sale! Now I have to go back and read how this started. ;) I love your home but the next one will be just as beautiful! You have excellent taste!

Becki said...

I am happy for you! I hope things move along for you soon!


The Farmers Daughter said...

I know what you're going through--the uncertainty of it all--and waiting for others to come through. I made the mistake of waiting too long for the buyer to sell their house one time and ended up having my house for another 2 years. Once this same couple sold their house, they backed out of buying mine. Don't want to alarm you with horror tales--it's just that I know from experience what you're dealing with and it's not fun!
At the same time, I'm a firm believer that things will fall in place when they're suppose to. . .
So, keep smiling--you're doing great!

prims by olde lady morgan said...


WOW, exciting news, yet, painful too....Sending hugs, it's so hard...

I totally agree with you, list buy owner for a bit... see if someone comes along with no contigence..give them the chance to doa bridgie loan if that should happen,but you hae to look out for your families best interest. It's so hard... Though, i will say, we sold our home many years ago the day after Christmas with the house a complete mess! Good luck my friend! Sending hugs! OLM

Barbara said...

Tammy, I would continue trying to sell the house "by owner". A pity the people have to sell their home in order to purchase yours, but I wouldn't tie my property up with a contract contingent on selling their home. Not fair to you and who knows how they will feel when their home finally sells. Another buyer will come along and will "have money in-hand". Sad, but the market is tough right now, so be patient and it will happen when it happens..Blessings from the NC mountains.

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hi Tammy--when we sold our last home we continued to show it even though a couple had spoken for it. We simply told new viewers that it was pending.We also let the original couple know that we were still showing it--they didn't like it,but that kinda gave them the kick in the pants to get moving if they really wanted it. We had a contract in 3 weeks!! Best of luck!!Remember--you need to sell it--so don't worry about them if you get another offer!!--Jan

alltheseboys said...

I would definitely be sure to add the right of refusal. I don't know if your market is any better than itmismhere..but we have homes that have been for sale for years! Good luck!

TheCrankyCrow said...

You're right - good news/bad news. Your home is gorgeous, but with markets so horribly depressed these days, it's great you have an offer, but scary to think about having a contingency in there. I, too, think that listing it for sale by owner and giving these folks a right of first refusal is probably the way to go. And I don't envy you the hunt - heck, I can't even remodel my bathroom. :o Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (PS - do you know that your blog is back to displaying extra big - I have to scroll from left to right to see everything....maybe it's just me, but I don't recall having problems on other big deal, but thought you might like to know....)